Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Write Your Heart Out Wednesday - January 4, 2017

Write Your Heart Out Wednesday

January 4, 2017


Scrivener:


Well for this week’s topic I thought I’d share all about Scrivener. As many of you might know, Scrivener is a writing program that one can download and use for free for 30 days. The great thing about this is that it’s not a continuous 30 days as most trials are. If, for example, you download the program and don’t use it for two weeks, well you still have it for 29 more days. I would highly suggest that every writer out there at least download it for the 30 day trial. You’ve got nothing to lose and if you don’t like it, well after the 30 days you have no obligation to keep it or owe anything.

I absolutely love it! I especially love it thus far for outlining. Now, I’ll still be using my good ol fashioned pen and notebook for note taking and rough outlining, but I will be using scrivener for character sketches, scene sketches and in-depth outlining. I also will be writing my book in Scrivener as opposed to word. The way it’s set up makes it so much more organized and easier for authors to write chapters broken down into scenes. I also love the corkboard view that Scrivener provides! Then the best thing is one no longer has to spend lots of $$$ for formatting, the Scrivener software does this all for you. So for us self-published authors, this is a Godsend! I have yet to format a book and actually upload it to Kindle, but I will keep you updated on when I do this and what my thoughts are on the process. For now, Scrivener is a winner for me!


Outlining:

Another topic, I’m working on studying my writing craft course that I’ve created and just yesterday I finished the book: Take Off Your Pants!: Outline Your Books for Faster, Better Writing by Libbie Hawker



You can purchase this from Amazon:


This book is excellent! I still prefer K.M. Weiland’s outlining process; however, Hawker’s is another great outlining format and is very easy to follow. The book goes into great detail all about outlining and breaks down the outlining process and even goes into outlining your book according to story beats. For any author who is looking for a thorough, yet simpler outlining format, I’d definitely recommend Hawker’s book.

Happy Writing!

Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment