Saturday, December 3, 2016

Author Tag - 2

Author Tag – 2


1)  What is the working title of your book?

My Current WIP is titled “The Duke’s Fair Maiden – The Wexford Sisters: Book One”. I’m not sure if I’ll stick to this title or change it as the book progresses and/or a theme develops for the series as a whole. However, for now this is the title.


2)  Where did the idea come from for your book?

The idea quite honestly came out of my head back in January. I had envisioned these four sisters, who had lost their mother a couple years ago to TB and just lost their father (will not disclose how). They were left penniless and in order to get out of a life of poverty, they needed to marry. So we begin with the oldest sister; Isabelle, who must find a husband by the Season’s end.


3)  What genre does your book fall under?

Historical Romance, taken place in the Regency period.


4)  Which actors would you choose to play in your movie rendition?

For my heroine, no actresses come to mind but she reminds me a lot of Duchess Kate Middleton, from her personality to her soft looks (except my h has brown eyes). 



I can't totally see my h wearing her hair like this as she attends a grand ball!




For my hero, definitely Chris Pine comes to mind when I think of my H. I could just get lost in those sparkling blue eyes and that’s how my h soon finds herself feeling… totally lost!


Strong nose and those stunning blue eyes!



Oh, I could definitely see him wearing a cravat! Charming and so breathtaking, indeed!



 I can totally see him looking at my h like this, with such a cute smirk on his face!



5)  What is the one sentence synopsis of your book?

When confronted with loss and teetering on the brink of nothing; will love prevail and drive the demons away or will despair capture their souls forever.



6)  Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

At this moment, I’m planning to self-publish this book and series. There is another series that I’m working on that I might be pitching to publishing houses. I’m leaning towards self-publishing due to the freedom of setting my own schedule and having control and the creative license to design my book, cover, etc. More on this topic later!


7)  How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

I’m currently still working on the first draft, so I’ll keep you updated. However, I’m hoping to release it this coming spring (sometime between the end of March and beginning of June.)



8)  What other books would you compare this story to?

Well it’s a regency romance, so I’d say it’s rather similar to Jane Austen books. However, it’s got its own story and voice to give, so it’s quite frankly its own unique tale. A tale of two people torn from life’s experiences, teetering on the brink of nothing or striving to find solutions to their trials and in the midst of everything; finding the solution is each other… the strength, love and passion that each brings to one another… a deep love that captures them by surprise!



9)  Who or what inspired you to write the book?

I’m a huge lover of historical romance books and a huge history buff. Especially anything about England and especially Regency England. I have been toying with the idea of writing a historical Regency book ever since I was in college and first read Mary Balogh’s An Unlikely Duchess.  In later years, I read Lisa Kleypas Devil in Winter, and so many other regency books. I was hooked on the genre and knew one day I wanted to write lots of Regency books!



10)              What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

My H has to overcome a very personal battle and something almost consumes him and causes him to lose it all. It has his basis on a very tragic event that occurred in his life. Later, after meeting and falling for my h, he soon learns that his personal battle is one that has affected her life; not just his particular battle but the truth about her father’s death comes out. This adds some great concerns for my h and through the deep love for my H that begins to grow within her, she wants to help him overcome his battle; however, she’s also struggling with her own inner demons and is not sure she can give her heart.

I’m so looking forward to bringing you my Wexford Sister’s to you. Each sister is very dear to my heart and I can’t wait to share their tales!

Love,


Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment